Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Work....

I've been working at my current position for almost a year. Just out of college, it's not the position I envisioned myself doing when I started my collegiate years, but it pays the bills.

Do I like what I'm doing? Not really.
I could be doing something else that was more challenging? Yes
Do I see myself doing this five years from now? I hope not




But I must say for the majority of my time here, it has been amazing. I find myself looking forward to work, I find myself choosing to stay late, I find myself looking forward to what next week has to offer. How is this all possible?

For one, I'm lucky to work for an organization that takes care of it's employees, interns, and temps. Care which takes form in the benefits, the environment, and the food :) Two, it pays the bills without too much stress. I have that balance in work and me-time, that few of us achieve. And the most important reason, the people. I've met so many people that have become and will be friends for a long time. People from different ethnicities, cultures, and backgrounds. People who are bright, friendly, and are just fun to be around. I don't know how long my time here will be but I will enjoy it until the end.... HAPPY THANKSGIVING

No comments: